__________________________

San miguel de tucuman



Introduction of San miguel de tucuman
Capital city of Tucuman province, on a tributary of the Dulce River, 665 mi NW of Buenos Aires and 500 mi WSW of Asuncion, Paraguay. Founded in 1565, this old colonial town became part of the viceroyalty of La Plata in 1776, and was the scene of General Manuel Belgrano’s victory over the Spanish royalists in 1812, at the Battle of Tucuman. Argentina’s independence was declared here at the first congress of the republic on July 9, 1816.

San miguel de tucuman Images